Monday 3 January 2011

Write: Jan 2nd - A New Project (Skins fiction)

I'm posting this a little late, but today(yesterday) I started a new Skins project. I know I have many stories that have been abandoned, left behind in the mess that has been the last 12 months of my writing.

I catalogued my work, put together a list known as "A Year In Fic", I did it in 2009 too. That year I wrote 35 stories, 5 of those were from my series - that's an awful lot of writing.

This year I did 23, only 2 of those were longer than one-shots.

That makes me feel disappointed and sad. I could have done better.

In all fairness to me I have had a lot of changes this year - three jobs, a period of being unemployed, a college course that I began, a sister returning to live at home and so disrupt everything in her path. It's not been easy, especially these last few months with my job, course and sister to contend with.

But here I am, with a new year ahead of me and I'm ready, willing and putting my best foot forward. My job is only part time, my course ends in March and maybe my job too. I don't know what the future holds, but you can bet that I'll be there with a pen(or keyboard) in my hand, writing my way into next year.

Maybe I'll consider writing some original fiction, creating a blog to showcase a story full of new people and exciting new adventures. Maybe I'll write fanfiction about the new generation of Skins or maybe I'll stick with Naomi and Emily who I'm so desperately unwilling to let go of.

In the meantime, I will work on my new idea - a story only known as 'How to Fall in Love and Not Die'.

Wish me luck, I may need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment