Tuesday 18 January 2011

Watch: Jan 18th - Skins (US)

Watching Skins US, the remake episode, the one episode that is as good as a carbon copy.

Mostly just random notes that make little sense if you don't know Skins and Skins US.

Tony - I actually like this Tony, the UK Tony I couldn't stand, this one I don't mind.

Michelle - it's like there's some sort of mix up with Nips and Tony, where I like US Tony, I dislike US Michelle.

Cadie - I don't think she has the same vulnerable/completely insane feel as Cassie.

Unfortunately the whole concept of Stanley losing his virginity is a lot more clichéd in an American show.

I think I like Tea, I love the whole first scene with her, first time I laughed.

Stanley - I can't quite decide whether I like him or not.

I like Tony's parents, but then Stanley's dad shouting in pretty much the same way was a bit of a no no for me.

Chris - wasn't a fan of teacher obsessed Chris, but thieving, 'common' Chris is so much better!

Daisy - she is rather awesome in many ways! She's got a similar sort of sense to Jal, a strong head, the 'normal' one of the bunch and yet she's not Jal, she's different somehow.

Abbud - no real thoughts on her, a bit like with Anwar.

Eura - too early to tell since she's barely been in the episode. She's blonde, which is strange. I don't get the same 'wow, you're so mysterious' feel from her. I suppose I feel like she's just a none talking girl with nothing much about her.

Must admit, I didn't mind it, the episode was alright.

But the preview for the rest of the series makes me wonder how identical the whole thing will be. There might be a lot of people out there who haven't seen Skins but those who have are still interested in Skins US.

* when I say Skins I refer to Skins in it's original form, UK Skins. But as the original I don't want to refer to it as UK Skins like it's an arm of a bigger show, Skins in the UK is CSI, known only as CSI. Skins in the US is like CSI: Miami, so I wI'll refer to that as Skins US. I just wanted to make that clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment