Friday 21 January 2011

Read: Jan 21st - Write Sideways

One day I searched Twitter for people directly related to writing and there I came upon a member called @writesideways. They have a website, well, a blog and I found some interesting information on there about the craft.

Just yesterday, the woman who is at the front of Write Sideways, posted something on Twitter that caught my attention. Filter words! It was my source of yesterdays reading.

Anyway, as I clicked on the link to her website a popup came up informing me of a free ebook if I signed up to her website. I grabbed the opportunity with both hands.

So tonight I've been reading the first few pages. It's not a traditional book in that it's not a fiction book, nor is it a non-fiction book where there's sections you read. It's a wordbook entitled Read Better, Write Better. Suzannah Windsor Freeman, the ebook's author, believes there's some sort of formula to writing a good, publishable novel. In this ebook, she has written a template that can be used whilst reading a book to look at what works and what perhaps doesn't.

I'm interested, I'm ready to give it a try. I don't necessarily want to write a book for publishing, but I do want to write a book. So really, any help I can be given, that's good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment